Why do you need vehicle insurance?
Dealing with insurers after an accident or incident can leave a cloud of confusion on a car owner.
Having worked with car owners over time, and spoken to those looking to buy a car, we have witnessed the hassle experienced trying to figure out what their insurer covers in the event of an accident or need for compensation.
So, how about we ease your mind with a helpful list of when your insurance provider should have your back.
Here we are going to shed some light on the basics of car insurance, how it works in your favor, as well as its benefits.
- Car insurance is a requirement by the law in Kenya and if you face a car accident, your insurance policy will pay for the liabilities and the losses incurred such as damage caused to your vehicle, other party’s medical bills, or damage caused to another property due to the accident.
- Furthermore, your auto insurance also covers your legal fee if you need to visit the court after the accident.
“What if my car breaks down in the middle of the road?” You ask.
- You can call for roadside assistance and the we will ensure you get immediate help in case of a car breakdown.
- Car insurance offers financial protection by compensation for the cost associated with an accident including the repair costs.
- With an auto insurance cover, you can protect yourself, your passengers, save yourself from legal liabilities in case another car is hit by your car.
Let’s look at three main insurance covers available.
- Comprehensive Insurance Cover
The comprehensive cover is the advanced cover offered for private or commercial car owners. The cover caters to several risks that a car owner may experience while using their car. It covers;
- An insured person against both, own damages, accidental bodily injury, and any third-party liabilities,
- Protects them financially against any losses that might arise not due to collision and
- Any unforeseen incidents such as an accident, fire, theft, or natural calamity.
Comprehensive covers give car owners the most peace of mind as compared to other auto insurance covers offered by insurance companies. The motor solutions however are not similar with all insurance providers. As a customer, it is pertinent to variously research and choose a provider that offers more value specifically looking out to exclusions that may limit your access to maximum financial protection in the case of an accident.
If you have recently purchased a new car, feel free to contact us for available insurance options in the market.
- Third-Party, Fire, and Theft
This is the second-tier cover offered that covers three main risks.
- It covers third parties who may suffer injuries or losses from their car being involved in an accident,
- Protects them from liabilities associated with the theft of their car or arson.
- A policyholder can claim when; – replacing their car if it’s stolen or damaged due to attempted theft and fire damage.
This cover is commonly used by car owners who drive vehicles that are either relatively cheap or easy to repair.
- Third-Party Insurance Cover
Third-party car insurance is the minimum legal level of cover needed to drive a car in Kenya. This type of car insurance covers one’s legal liability in case of disability or death to any third party. It is an affordable policy that offers financial assistance and peace of mind in the case of unforeseen accidents affecting third parties.
It additionally covers the policyholder if they damage someone else’s property or injure them while driving and will cover the passengers too. This cover however does not protect the car owner from personal liabilities. If there are any repair costs to be met, the car owner must meet them themselves. The cover is best for drivers who are more likely to claim for any damage they cause when driving and those that can afford any repairs without claim.
CarSure Insurance Checklist
Because an insurance policy is a legal contract like all other contracts, there are some documents you need to present to us to get a policy.
- Copy of logbook
- Copy of national ID
- Copy of KRA Pin
- If corporate, certificate of incorporation
Don’t Worry, Drive Happy with CarSure!